MENTAL HEALTH, CASE MANAGEMENT
AND LEGAL SERVICES
YWCA-SGV uses an individualized approach in order to meet the needs of our clients. DV and Senior Case Managers identify, plan, and facilitate access to resources. Staff therapists provide trauma-informed counseling for adults, children and families in order to address the impacts of abuse and violence.
YWCA-SGV employs supportive legal advocates who prepare survivors for court appearances, accompany them physically and emotionally, and process restraining orders. YWCA-SGV works closely with Victim/Witness, Safe At Home programs and additional legal resources.
Yearly Impact Highlights
WINGS Domestic Violence Shelter and Programs
- DV prevention services to 1,400+ non-residential clients
- Over 100 Domestic Violence trainings and education forums facilitated by outreach staff
- A safe place to over 500 survivors and children in our WINGS Shelter
- Legal support to over 300 clients and more than 100 restraining orders filed
- 10,000+ answered calls to our DV hotline; and
- Housing search support so that 90% of clients have a safe place to live upon exiting the program – the remaining clients continue to receive case management and housing assistance.