RACIAL AND SOCIAL JUSTICE INITIATIVE &
STAND AGAINST RACISM
Advancing the Cause of Racial Equality and Social Justice
YWCA-SGV is dedicated to advancing racial equity and standing up for social and restorative justice. Our multifaceted program includes the following actions in order to empower our San Gabriel Valley community:
- Promote an organizational culture aligned with our mission that includes internal staff training, coaching and an active employee-led Racial Justice Task Force.
- Launch a public awareness campaign about racial equity and social justice and position racism as a public health issue.
- Promote an anti-racist agenda through publishing articles and hosting educational forums, conversations and advocacy efforts.
- Understand, document, and respond to social injustices affecting the health and well-being of prioritized groups.
- Create and implement a series of workshops to teach businesses and organizations to identify and rectify inequities that are rooted in outdated, unexamined policies.